The Ram Krishna Dharmarth Foundation (RKDF) University at Gandhi Nagar Campus, Bhopal, has pioneered in providing a highly conducive environment for research-and-technology-driven innovations since its inception in 2012. The key constituents of the ecosystem for making it an Institution of higher learning include Technology driven teaching environment, Motivation for Research and Innovation, Industry participation and Social responsibility fulfillment. Each one of the above acts as a feeder to the next and creates a ripple effect on building innovation towards making it an University of 3rd Millennium for addressing and participating in resolving global issues.
The Institution under visionary guidance of Hon’ble Chairman Dr. Sunil Kapoor, Chancellor Dr. Sadhna Kapoor and its MD Mr. Siddharth Kapoor has created an Ecosystem for Research and Innovations including an Interdisciplinary Research Center and other initiatives for creation and Transfer of knowledge. RKDF has been executing projects sponsored by various Central ministries like Ministry of Renewable Energy (MNRE), Ministry of Power, (MOP -CPRI), Department of Bio-technology and state Industry department on frontier areas of Technology like Solar Thermal Storage, Carbon Capture & Sequestration. RKDF University has received GOI grant of the order of Rs. 1.50 Crores in past 3 years and the Carbon sequestration project integrated by steam generation from Solar Thermal plant is fist in Asia and third in the world. The government of India is considering for its scale-up on a 500 MW Thermal project in Singrauli MP. In order to develop required eco-system for research and innovation the University is providing seed money and equity to the tune of 50% of Government grant in last 4 years.
The pillars of our technology driven eco-system of teaching are based on:
- Nurture “ Job Generators Eco System” as proposed by Swami Vivekananda
- Increase the rate of new business start-up activity in Bhopal and Madhya Pradesh among Campus students and other entrepreneurs from close by areas.
- Increase the number of new businesses started by students, faculty and staff from RKDF Campus and close by areas
- Increase the number of new businesses started and managed by women
- Support sustainable growth of Pharmaceuticals, ESDM, Nano-technology, Agriculture and Social Entrepreneurship in Madhya Pradesh and address to key issues
- Foster a culture that is supportive of entrepreneurship
- Creates medium-to-high wage jobs and raises incomes in all segments of society
- Provide networking, mentoring, training, technical assistance, and customized services for start-up businesses
Accordingly we are focusing on areas of education such as:
- Internet of Things (IoT)/ E-commerce /Mobile Technology
- Information Technology (IT)/ ITeS /BPM/Software development
- Manufacturing including ESDM/Robotics/ 3-D Printing
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Agro Processing
- Biochemical, Agriculture, Food technology & Textile
- Green energy/ Solar PV, Thermal & TE/clean technology/water & recycling
- Education, Social & Rural Entrepreneurship
Since its inception, the University and its students have been awarded with various awards, to name a few:
- Dr. Sadhna Kapoor , Chancellor of the University is ‘ Honorary Professor to Oxford Union” and the Oxford University, UK, she was awarded at Lucerne, Switzerland
- Asia Education Award 2016- RKDF University was awarded “Best Upcoming Innovative University in Madhya Pradesh” by the Union HRD Minister
- Asia Education Summit Award-2016 for “Best Innovative University in Madhya Pradesh
- RKDF University Students received first prize at Bangkok, Thailand for their Solar Energy Models at the AUAP World Model Making Competition 22-28 July 2015
- Gold Medal for RKDF University Students at South Korea in the World Model Making Contest 11-18 August 2016
- RKDF University Students participated at KSHITIJ 2017 Contest at IIT, Kharagpur: 27-29 Jan 2017 and received both first and second prize
- RKDF University students were winners at IIGP 2.0 , University Challenge 2018 organized by TATA Trust under DST sponsored program and received award of Rs. 11 Lacs for their best innovative product “ DENTAL CONDUCTION DEVICE”
In addition to above the Ex.VC of RKDF University (Dr. V K Sethi) was one of the members of delegation to the United Nation’s, Conference of Parties (COP- 21 & COP-22 in 2016-17) at Paris and Marrakesh for Climate change negotiations on behalf of India.
Also various members of the Faculty are visitors to International Conferences, Association of Asia Pacific, Thailand and RPI USA and Oxford University UK as visiting Professors.